Inauguration Day Highlights, Joe Biden’s Presidential Agenda / Kamala Harris Makes History As Vice President
To play audio, update browser or Flash plugin
President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris participate in a wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Va.
AP Photo/Evan Vucci
President Joe Biden enters office with multiple challenges that no other president has faced in quite the same way, including an ongoing pandemic and a divided nation. On his first day in office, the President signed a number of executive orders, notably rejoining the Paris Climate Accord and reversing the Muslim travel ban. We look at some of the most pressing issues facing the country under President Biden, where the political parties stand, and Kamala Harris’ history-making day after being sworn in as Vice President.
- Ken Rudin's Political Junkie podcast host and long time political journalist Ken Rudin with his thoughts on how Inauguration Day unfolded
- Republican Strategist and the Lincoln Project Co-Founder Mike Madrid shares his perspective on the new Biden Administration and how the Republican Party moves forward from here
- San Joaquin County Republican Party Chair Reverend Dwight Williams with a more conservative take on the GOP’s future and what he thinks of former President Trump’s final days in office
- Democratic strategist Robin Swanson on how President Biden and Vice President Harris have kicked off their new administration and what that means for both the Democratic Party and California
- Santa Clara University Ethnic Studies Department Chair and Ethnic Studies & Political Science Professor Anna Sampaio on the significance of diversity in American politics, President Biden's cabinet, and Kamala Harris making history as Vice President