Wednesday, May 3, 2017 |
With local races underway and national officials making bold statements (whether true or false), PolitiFact has been hard at work sorting out factual details.
What was President Trump able to accomplish in his first 100 days and have his claims stuck to the truth? National editor Angie Holan has a review.
Some major campaign promises that were missed so far:
- Infrastructure to "spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years."
- School choice to "give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice."
- Illegal immigration that "fully funds the construction of a wall on our southern border."
- Increase military spending by "eliminating the defense sequester."
- Reduce offshoring with tariffs to "discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries."
Here are Trump's top 7 claims that were rated false by PolitiFact.
Meanwhile, California’s gubernatorial race continues to heat up with several of the top contenders making audacious claims themselves. Politifact California Reporter Chris Nichols shares some of these as well.