6:50 p.m. Sunday - Containment slightly grew for the Butte Fire Sunday to 72 percent. The blaze has scorched 70,760 acres.
3:30 p.m. Sunday - Officials say all mandatory evacuations for the Butte Fire have been lifted.
Advisories are still in place for the following communities.
(Mountain Ranch Community)
1) El Dorado Trail east of East Murray Creek Rd
2) Green Ranch Rd north of East Murray Creek Rd
3) Fricot City Rd at the ROP school to Sheep Ranch Rd
1) All areas and roads south of the fire to Calaveritas Rd to Dogtown Rd to San Domingo to Fullen Rd
2) The areas and roads east of the fire from areas north from the intersection of Sheep Ranch Rd and Fricot City Rd, areas north of the towns along the Hwy 4 corridor to Camp Connell (Towns of Murphy, Arnold, Dorrington are open), and areas south from Doe Rd and Railroad Flat Rd to the intersection of Mitchell Mill Rd and Blue Mountain Rd.
6:40 a.m. Sunday - Cal Fire says containment of the Butte Fire has inched forward to 70 percent as of early Sunday.
10:25 p.m. Saturday - Cal Fire says containment of the Butte Fire has inched forward to 67 percent as of Saturday night. The burn area is holding steady at 70,760 acres.
The latest damage assessment shows 511 residences and 333 outbuildings burned, with another 47 structures damaged.
The lates Butte Fire incident report recaps the current firefighting efforts:
Fire behavior remained minimal during the day within the fire perimeter. Firefighters are working aggressively to expedite re-population. Smoke may continue to impact the affected fire areas and surrounding communities. The public is reminded to use caution as utility services, such as electrical, water and sewer, may not be restored for up to a week.
9:30 a.m. - Containment of the Butte Fire continues to grow, with Cal Fire reporting 65 percent Saturday morning. The fire has consumed 70,760 acres since it started on Sept. 9.
More than 500 homes and 330 outbuildings have been lost to the fire.
Cal Fire says 4,160 personnel are still working the incident, as 6,400 structures are still threatened by the fire.
Many evacuations are still in place, including:
Mountain Ranch Community:
1) All areas and roads east of Mountain Ranch Rd at Avenue A (Senders Market) to the intersection of Mountain Ranch Rd and Railroad Flat Rd, northeast to the intersection of Railroad Flat Rd and Eagle View Dr, north to the intersection of Railroad Flat Rd and Jesus Maria Rd.
2) All areas and roads south from the Cave City Bridge to Fricot City Rd from Ponderosa Rd to Sheep Ranch Rd.
Jesus Maria Community:
1) All areas and roads west from the intersection of Jesus Maria Rd and Whiskey Slide Rd, and west of Sierra Vista Lookout Rd at Doster Rd within the fire perimeter.
2) All areas and roads north of Hawver Rd at Doster Rd within the fire perimeter.
3) All areas and roads south of Jesus maria at Hwy 26.
All areas being repopulated are still under evacuation advisory except for the following (the following are under no advisories):
1) The City of Angels Camp and Altaville
2) All residences and roads west of Hwy 49, including west of Calaveritas Rd from Fricot City Rd to Mountain Ranch Rd
3) All residences and roads north and northwest of SR 26 and Rich Gulch (Community of Glencoe is still under Evacuation Advisory)
4) All residences in Amador County
5) All areas and roads south of Dogtown, San Domingo, Fullen and along the Hwy 4 corridor, from Angels Camp through Camp Connell
***The public is reminded that there are still emergency vehicles and personnel working in the area. Please use caution and remain alert to any changes in fire conditions***
EVACUATION ADVISORIES LIFTED:
Evacuation Advisories have been lifted in the following areas effective Friday, Sept. 18, 2015 at 6:00 pm:
All areas and roads south of Dogtown, San Domingo, Fullen and along the Hwy 4 corridor, from Angels Camp through Camp Connell. See advisory...
Red Cross: 925-588-6678
Jackson Rancheria Hotel, 12222 New York Ranch Road, Jackson
Jenny Lind Veterans Hall, 189 Pine Street, Valley Springs, CA
Good Samaritan Church, 4684 Baldwin Street, Valley Springs
Burson Full Gospel Church, 3201 Hwy 12, Burson
Glory Bound Fellowship, 3061 Hwy 12, Burson
Church of Christ, 703 Paloma Rd, Valley Springs, CA
Large Animal Pet Shelters: (Calaveras) Calaveras County Fairgrounds (Amador) Amador County Fairgrounds, contact Kelly Reason at 530-503-5233
Follow us for more stories like this
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.