ELAINE CORN’S POTATO SALAD
4 white potatoes (thin-skinned)
3 ribs celery
½ cup pickle relish
1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 teaspoons mustard
2 teaspoons salt
Generous black pepper
Garnish: Minced parsley, paprika
- Hard-cook the eggs.
- Wash potatoes. Place potatoes, whole, in a large pot. Add an inch of water and cover pot with lid. Set over high heat. When you see steam escape, turn the heat down to medium and cook 20 minutes. A knife should be able to glide into the flesh. Drain potatoes. Cool on countertop until you can touch them.
- While the potatoes cook, get out a big bowl. Wash and dice the celery. Put celery in the bowl. Halve and chop the onion. Add to celery. Peel skins off potatoes. Cut potato flesh into ½-inch cubes and add to bowl.
- Peel the hard-cooked eggs. Chop and add to the bowl.
- Add relish, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well with a rubber spatula, being careful not to smash the potatoes.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.