More than 50 firefighters, 17 fire engines, and 3 ambulances were on the scene at the Roseville Square shopping center off Douglas Boulevard. Roseville Fire Marshal Dennis Mathisen says the blaze was sparked by human error.
"We have found that there were some workers to the rear of the store that were welding, doing a repair on a door and some of the sparks got inside the occupancy and ignited some of the combustibles and that’s how the fire started."
Mathison says a fire wall between the Ross store and neighboring businesses helped stop it from spreading. No injuries were reported, except for a firefighter who suffered from heat exhaustion.