Propane BBQ caused Saturday's Washoe Fire

Share |
(Tahoe City, CA)
Thursday, August 23, 2007
It was a propane barbeque, in fact – on the back deck of a home in the Tahoe Park subdivision.  But, says Public Information Officer Ed Miller: 
“We don’t know exactly why it started.”
The blaze destroyed five houses and damaged three others.  But Miller says it could have been a lot worse. 
“This particular fire was only 19-point-5 acres, but because of the density of the population and proximity of the homes one to another, there was potential for a lot more damage than was actually done.”
An independent lab is testing the barbeque to find the specific cause.